Hanna HI-96801 Refractometer for General Purpose Sugars
- The HI-98601 is used across the food industry for measuring the concentrations of general-purpose sugars in foods.
- Quick and easy to use it is ideal for analyzing the sugar content in a wide range of food products including fruit, energy drinks, puddings, tofu, jams, honey, soups, and sauces.
- Priced inexpensively does not mean a compromise on accuracy, the Hanna refractometer offers all the benefits of high precision digital technology at the same price as a mechanical model.
- The HI-96801 measures the refractive index to determine the % Brix of sugar in aqueous solutions. The refractive index of the sample is then converted to % Brix concentration units.
Uses of HI-96801 Refractometer
- Fruit growers and importers
- Fruit juice & drink manufacturers
- Production of jams, preserves & sauces
- White, water-resistant, casing
- The easy-clean sample well
- Zero using pure water
- Battery operated with auto shut-off
- 1.5 second measurement time
- Direct readout in % Brix and °C
- Automatic temperature compensation
- No calibration solutions required
- Large clear LCD display
Specifications of This Meter
|Range||0 to 85% Brix / 0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F)|
|Resolution||± 0.1% Brix / ±0.1°C (±0.1°F)|
|Accuracy||± 0.2 % Brix / ± 0.3°C (±0.5°F)|
|Automatic Temperature Compensation||between 10 and 40°C (50 – 104°F)|
|Measurement Time||Approximately 1.5 seconds|
|Minimum Sample Volume||2 metric drops|
|Light Source||Yellow LED|
|Sample Cell||Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism|
|Battery Type / Life||(1) 9V / 5000 readings|
|Auto-Off||After 3 minutes of non-use|
|Dimensions||19.2(W) x 10.2(D) x 6.7 (H)cm|